Saturday, July 12, 2008

HOLY CRAP!!!!



Well, this is it...the drugs I will be taking for the next few months! I am overwhelmed. Joe and I stood in the kitchen unwrapping everything from it's insulated packaging, looking confused and a little freaked out. Joe preceded to immediately break down every drug, trying find the needle that corresponds, finding what needs to be refrigerated, reading all of the paperwork....all while I pretended to listen to him but was secretly losing my cool in my head. I am the girl that goes to get blood and can't look....I don't like needles. It does seem as if I will be getting very used to them. I will start my first shot tomorrow.

Now, something interesting about all of these drugs: My co-pay was $240. I asked what the full price was, thinking that I was paying alot, and was told that the insurance company paid $3000!!!! You have no idea how grateful I am to Kraft Foods for caring enough to include fertility treatment coverage in their employees policies. Only a handful of companies even bother to include any coverage and Kraft Foods has provided a plan that will save us about $8,000+!!! Thanks Kraft!!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Oh My Lanta... that's a ton of medicine!!! That's awesome that your company paid for so much of it! Corporations have the BEST insurance.

Happy Vacay!

July 14, 2008 at 10:46 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

I've had these moments looking at all the drugs is very overwhelming!! I put the ones I don't need away and just leave out the ones I do need now.

Good luck with this cycle. I'm sending lots of hope your way.

July 15, 2008 at 10:54 AM  
Blogger Adriane said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Your vacation looks like so much fun - great pics! I'm so impressed with your insurance coverage - that ROCKS that they paid so much. (I'm usually a big poo-pooer of insurance companies, but yours sounds OK!)

Best of luck with this round of IVF. I'll be following along and rooting for you!

July 19, 2008 at 7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home