Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Doobie Brothers and Chicago

After a day of feeling like crap.....things turned brighter at the concert! I have decided to quit the no carbs thing and do what the Dr. originally told me to do, which was a version of the SBD eating no more than 100 carbs a day. I wanted to stick it out with the first 2 weeks to follow it step by step but it was really affecting me physically and mentally. I was feeling sick and had horrible headaches. SO! I had a cheeseburger and some popcorn at the concert. Note, the happy look on my face in all of the pictures. I was MISERABLE all day. The food gave me some pep and the concert had me on my feet dancing, singing and running around high fiving people! I was like a whole new person! More on the next phase of this diet later...I am sick of talking about it!

The concert was great. We went with my best friend Nikki and her husband Drew, who has very similar taste in music as me....he actually went to The University of Alabama the same time I did.....what are the chances of that??? The Doobie Brothers opened with a few too many new songs but finished out their set with some classics: China Grove, Jesus is just Alright and Long Train Runnin. Then Chicago came on, played some long songs filled with horns, then threw in the classics: You're the Inspiration, If You Leave Me Now and Hard For Me To Say I'm Sorry. But the BEST part of the whole night was when BOTH bands came out together and jammed about 4 Doobie Brothers songs including Black Water, Takin It To The Streets and Listen to the Music (this is the point I ran around and high fived people.....that is one of my favorite songs of all time). Then they jammed together on some Chicago hits including 25 or 6 to 4 and Saturday in the Park. The energy was amazing, all of the instruments were awesome and the volume was kicked up about 10 notches. IT WAS AWESOME!


Joe and I right after some carbs...don't we look happy!

Nikki, me and Joe

Drew, me and Nikki...my fav people to go to a concert with

The Pavillion

Nikki and Drew

Joe and I dancing our asses off!

We sat behind this couple last year when we went to see Chicago. They were dancing the whole time...we were in awe. Then, they were sitting behind us this year!! What are the chances!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Danielle Moss said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

D :)

June 16, 2008 at 2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home