Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hello?

Has anyone out there had an IVF changed to an IUI because of their follicles not responding to the meds? Any success? I am hoping that this is a fixable problem. I took Menopur and Bravelle and ended up with one follicle fully mature about a week before egg retrieval was scheduled and about 6-7 smaller ones. Dr. said to try IUI and if that does not work we will change meds for next IVF attempt. I have never had a problem with my cycles...I ovulate, why now, with meds is my body only doing what it would do without meds.? I am a little heartbroken that the IVF was cancelled. We did the IUI on Saturday so now I have to wait the grueling 2 weeks to find out if it worked. Sigh.......

5 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Amy~ I'm so sorry! I have no idea what you're talking about... UIU or IUI ??????

July 29, 2008 at 11:09 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

I am so sorry that this happened. I can only imagine how frustrated you feel. I have heard of other people having to switch to and IUI when the response wasn't what they wanted. I can't recall whether or not they succeded during those cycles. But I have known so many people to get pregnant with IUI cycles. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

PS- I figured out how I can read your blog, since it still won't work for me, all I have to do is highlight the post and then I can read it. YAY!!

July 30, 2008 at 4:26 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Hmmm, very interesting about your acupuncturist diagnoising you with Candida. I would love to know how he did it and what drops he gave you. If you feel like chatting more about it, drop me a line at lovewilltearus25@yahoo.com.

Hope you're doing well!!

August 1, 2008 at 1:54 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

I'm so sorry - I'm just now learning that your cycle had to be converted. You're not the first or the only one to experience this (you might want to post on theNest.com to get similar stories) but I'm sure it's insanely frustrating. They should be able to adjust the meds to prevent one big runaway follicle on future cycles. Hopefully you're pregnant NOW though and it's all a moot point. Hang in there, hon.

xo,
Amber

August 2, 2008 at 9:22 AM  
Blogger A Baby Peach said...

I don't know anything about this yet, but i just noticed you commented on my baby blog about the nest. go to www.thenest.com and the message boards. There is a TTTC (trouble trying to conceive) that is so helpful and (fortunatley and unfortunately) everyone is going through similar things and is really supportive.

August 2, 2008 at 6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home