Saturday, January 9, 2010

Roll Tide and QUIT YOUR CRYING!

We did it...Bama won the National Championship against Texas! We have not been to a Championship game since we won in 1992!! I was lucky enough to attend that game at the Sugar Bowl against Miami...it was amazing! I wish I could have been at this game!!!

We had some friends and family come over to watch the game...most were Texas fans (of course since I live in Texas) but luckily I had 3.5 Bama fans...the .5 being my husband who is actually a Texas fan. I had a few drinks, got a much needed buzz, trashed talked, yelled for Bama and had a house full of friends..it was a great night. Oh and the boys slept through the whole gathering which included 7 kids running around the house...good babies :-)

Well, my good night was soured by all of the trash talking on Facebook. I can't believe how many people were whining and making excuses for Bama's win. Apparently Texas fans know that if Colt McCoy had not gotten injured they would have kicked our ass..isn't that amazing that they can predict those things??? They also think that Bama "sucks" and Bama is "weak"...I can't believe the #1 team in the country with the Heisman winner actually sucks...how in the world did we get to play the almighty Texas for the National title??

Man!!! I am getting all riled up again! I have to say I have a new respect for my husband. He is a true Texas fan who is so disappointed in his fellow fans...he knows everything about the game of football and had the smarts to acknowledge that Bama won the game because we deserved it, that shit happens and players get injured and a winning team should be prepared for that. He has the smarts to know that the first 1/4 of a game does not decide the winner, that Bama got to the #1 spot for a reason....I could go on and on. He has been getting dogged by his friends and their Facebook friends for posting that the Tide played a good game....the shit that has been said is out of control! I love the state of Texas but alot of UT fans have no class...just Joe :-)

I conclude this post with a hearty ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!


I had to take a picture of the Tide running out on the field :-)

My neighbor and I

Chasey grabbed that bottle of beer, pulled it toward him and started licking the rim...nothing like a beer before bedtime :-)

Roll Tide!!

Joe and Parks...I let them stay up late to watch the kick off..heehee

Future Bama alumni

7 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I already congratulated you... so now I will sob... I will miss my Timmy sooo much!!! :( Go Gators!

January 9, 2010 at 7:26 AM  
Blogger Deanna said...

ROLL TIDE!! As soon as McCoy came out of that game, I predicted that would be all we heard about as the "reason" for the win. I keep saying that McCoy doesn't play defense...what's the excuse there?! I don't really know any Texas fans, but you know we are hearing it from bitter Auburn fans. Oh well, doesn't change anything! : )

January 9, 2010 at 7:39 AM  
Blogger Adriane said...

Congrats! Great pics - boys are getting so big!

January 9, 2010 at 9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the truth, stop your cryin' I am a GA fan and I am not cryin :) Great blog!

January 9, 2010 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

I'm glad the Roll Tide school won the game. My dad was watching the game and my mom called me to ask which AL school you went to, she thought of you. :)

January 9, 2010 at 10:22 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Hooray! And what's even better than your win? {Okay to you probably nothing...} Your babies being AS CUTE AS EVER! They are getting so big... and I loooove their matching Alabama outfits! Mommas boys in the making right?

January 11, 2010 at 11:46 AM  
Blogger KandiB said...

Those sweet boys are so cute!!

Alright...just put the poptarts DOWN! Walk away slowly.

yes...I'm a pretty much a big biatch right now. The low carb thing makes me testy, too. We'll see how it goes. Down two whole pounds! Just a kajillion more to go.

WE Can DO IT!

January 12, 2010 at 12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home