Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Still Fat

Okay...so I have gone to the gym every other day since the 1st, that's a whopping 3 days!!! Woo hoo!!! I am doing 45 minutes on the treadmill, weights and sauna. I think everyone is looking at me thinking " man, that girl is fat", I walk by the mirrors and turn the other way and guys are not checking me out...other than that it's been great :-)

Sigh.....the beginning is the worst!!! Weird how it's easier to stay motivated when you look good...shouldn't my reflection of fat keep me motivated?? Instead my reflection makes me think there is no use...like it's going to take so long to see results. Amazing how I lost 15 pounds in 6 weeks when I had Post Partum...I wish I could remember what my meals consisted of, I know it wasn't much!

The food thing is actually my biggest hurdle, not the gym. I don't eat fruits, veggies or seafood so I am pretty much screwed. I got excited yesterday cause I tried a yogurt covered raisin and enjoyed it...well, I googled them and they are not exactly healthy :-( What the hell!! I am pulling out all of my weight watchers cookbooks in hopes of finding good food that's good for you. Every time I read the diets that people follow in my trash magazines I can't believe how BORING and strict they are!!! Egg whites for breakfast, salad for lunch, fish for dinner...blah!!!

I just ate 2 pop tarts.....is that bad? I know...it is.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Throw away the pop tarts! I think they're 5-6 WW points EACH. Seriously, walk to the garbage can and throw them out FOREVER.

Try an egg white breakfast sandwich. I use toast (or you could use an english muffin), egg whites, fat free Kraft cheese slice, or 2% shredded cheese. It's actually really good and it's a ton of food. You'll feel full. I prefer egg whites to real eggs now.

My old trainer and Maria's trainer told use 80% of the way you look it what you decide to put in your mouth. Keep looking in your cookbooks, you'll find things you like. You can also re-vamp some of your favorite recipes. For example, use 98% FF cream of chicken soup, light mayo, 2% cheese, etc...

January 6, 2010 at 1:44 PM  
Blogger Adriane said...

Girl, I am WITH you on this. I gained 80 lbs with the girls and only lost 40. At 5'4", 40 lbs is alot of EXTRA. :-) I am on the wagon this year and comitted to losing the weight by the girls 2nd bday.

January 6, 2010 at 2:15 PM  
Blogger ACR said...

Boring diets - you're right!! BUT, if you stick with them and have a treat every now & then you will muddle thru 6-8 weeks until it "sticks". The first 4-5 weeks of any new routine is key == and the hardest.

Portion size is my biggest issue - well, that and the sweet/treats I keep around for the kids.

Last year when I dropped nearly 30lbs I started off with a 5 day cleanse. NOT fun the first few days (trips to the bathroom, ect and eating only fruits/veggies - ONLY fruits and veggies, and herbal teas... ) 5 days was all I could handle but I did it to get motivated to start my WW pts and kick start the new diet/routine. After not eating for 5 days (or just about not eating) eating my proportioned WW pts felt like I was pigging out :) LOL

Try to make sure you eat your fruits and veggies - try hummus and carrots/cucs, even a veggie burger, the egg sandwiches Jill mentioned are good, as are the fake eggs. Def not the same, but almost as good. Canadian bacon instead of regular.

Write down *everything* you eat/drink in a day. Scary but powerful to see what you actually consume.

Good luck, Amy!! Keep at it at the gym!!

January 7, 2010 at 12:55 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

Try the Alli pills... that's what Iam going to try. I hear they work well, and they are FDA approved! :) And can I get a whoop whoop for you and your dedication... I've thought about getting on the tredmill does that count?? Maybe I'll go jog right now... hmmmm...

January 7, 2010 at 5:40 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

oh! How I need to hit the gym and get back on track food-wise. But tonight I'm going out for a mushroom burger & a beer. :) There's always tomorrow, right?! Anyway, just checking in to say Go Bama! Great win last night.

January 8, 2010 at 6:42 PM  
Blogger KandiB said...

Have you read The Glycemic Load Diet? My fertility doc gave it to me. It's supposed to correct hormone imbalances and is good for belly fat (totally me!). It's low starch...so no rice/potatoes/white bread. But totally doable. No pop-tarts. Sorry. but if you find a diet that allows pop-tarts, you let me know. Cherry ones are THE BOMB.

I've lost one pound! Just a few kajillion more to go.

Slow and steady wins the race.

January 9, 2010 at 1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home