Sunday, January 3, 2010

FAT!!!!!!

Yep, I said it...I am FAT!!! I am the before picture, I look like a linebacker...seriously! Wii fit's assessment agrees. It's time for some action. What better time to start then January 1st.

After the boys were born I was 10 pounds lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight because of the Post Partum Depression killing my appetite. Well, depression went away and appetite came back with a vengeance!! I have gained 25 pounds since the depression went away!!! What the hell!!?? This SUCKS!!!

I never had a problem with weight. I was a size 4/6 all through college and ate HORRIBLY!! Weight started to creep on around 26 years old. Now, at 36 I have 0 metabolism!! So, now I must change a lifetime of eating habits that never had a negative affect before 25 years old!!! Sigh......

So, January 1st I went to the gym....40 minutes on the treadmill, 20 minutes of weights and 12 minutes in the sauna. Every time I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirrors EVERYWHERE, I was disgusted!!! I don't feel like I look so it's always a shock when I see myself.

We got Wii fit for Christmas so I will be doing that in addition to the gym and walks with the boys. Now, the trick is to find things I like to eat that are somewhat healthy...this will be hard!!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Marcia (123 blog) said...

I love your sense of humour!

And soooo admire your discipline. Okay, you've inspired me - I need to go back to gym this week but OH how I hate it, especially seeing my thighs in those tight gym pants.

The metabolism is terrible after 30, isn't it? Ten years ago, I could overeat all I wanted, a day or two of proper eating and it would all melt away. Now it's MONTHS of dedicated eating properly.

*sigh*

January 3, 2010 at 12:43 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Dang girl, good job at the gym. You can do this. Remember, when you do it right, which is very slow and can feel frustrating, you're more likely to keep the weight off. Don't give up and don't read into your daily weight, try to see the overall picture. You can do it. Do you know what movie that line is from?

Now I just need to take my own advice.

January 3, 2010 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger KandiB said...

I'm right there with you. We booked a flight to Maui in May...I figure if I can lose 4-5 pounds a month until then perhaps, just maybe, I won't be mistaken for a migrating whale.

Let's keep each other honest, shall we?

January 4, 2010 at 1:06 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Your new years resolution sounds like mine! Damn those mirrors!! What away to finish off any self esteem we've got left right? You know what I hate worse than mirrors? The camera. They say it adds 10lbs... no that's just your fat ass people! Huff... thanks for this blog Amy. ;) HAHA!

January 4, 2010 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger ACR said...

I joined a gym yesterday as well - great job on your long workout!! Wow!

I hate all those mirrors in the gym too :(

My best post-baby routine (which I am back on now and my baby is 3.5) is gym workouts, getting myself out of the house to do it and making time for myself. The hubby came home 2 nights a week, I left him with the boys and did something for me. Same with a weekend morning too.

I counted WW points and did cardio and strength training = the combo of the 3 kicked ass and after 6-8 months I was rockin' and lean and strong.

Don't weigh yourself daily ... or beat yourself up for a small slip. Track everything - EVERYTHING - you eat during the day to hold yourself accountable. Sucks, but it works.

Good luck - you can do it!! :)

January 5, 2010 at 5:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm right there with you, Amy. We're going to Puerto Rico at the end of April and I refuse to look like "migrating whale" as your friend said. Today, I start the Couch to 25K program -- gets you running 3 miles in 9 weeks. My cousins did this program + weight watchers and have lost about 50 lbs in 6 months.

If you want to walk together sometime or join me for a run, let me know.

Best of luck to you in the gym. I know you can do it.

January 5, 2010 at 8:57 AM  
Blogger midnight macaroons said...

We also started back at the gym. I've been slacking since November on working out. But I keep telling myself I want to wear shorts in June without feeling like a fatty. So, I've put down the potato chips and started working out this week.

I know you can do it. You'll be one smoke'n hot momma by summer. :)

January 5, 2010 at 6:15 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

That couch to 5K program is great ... just google it. I tried idea/training from it last year when I picked up running and it was a good guide.

Go get 'em girl!! Do something for YOU and you will feel tons better and have more energy. ;)

January 6, 2010 at 6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home