Monday, October 27, 2008

I have laid my eggs

Today was my egg retrieval. I was a little nervous last night, but the prescribed valium helped calm my nerves. I awoke at 6 am (this never happens), threw on some sweats, grabbed the muffins that I bought for the office that would be sticking a needle into my crotch and headed to the Dr. with Joe by my side.

I love everyone at the office and the anesthesiologist was just as warm and comforting. After a few pokes with the IV needle (damn my veins), I started to feel loopy and next thing I knew I was awake and everything was done! 10 eggs were retrieved, which is apparently above average, and now I wait for the update on their progress tomorrow. The scheduled transfer is Saturday the 1st.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ok... I feel great about this!! TEN EGGS!!! GREAT!!! I only had two the first time and then five the second time. You are an egg making machine! I wish you and Joe the best. You both deserve this so much!

October 28, 2008 at 8:23 AM  
Blogger Amy B said...

Good Luck!! Fingers crossed for you.

October 28, 2008 at 9:55 AM  
Blogger Amy C said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

October 28, 2008 at 5:23 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Ten Eggs.... that sounds really good. I'm praying this time works. It is definitely your turn to be a mommy.

Very sweet of you to bring the office staff muffins.

October 29, 2008 at 5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home